A wedding is a legally binding ceremony which generally takes about 20 minutes, depending on what your requirements are.
I offer an obligation free meeting where I will explain the process, answer any questions you may have and gives you an opportunity to confirm that I am the person you would like to perform your ceremony.
You may want to write your own vows, include something of your culture or add humour, remembering it is your ceremony, about you and needs to reflect your tastes and personalities. I will work with you to assist you and your partner to plan your perfect wedding ceremony.
Also, in certain circumstances, I can offer a discounted rate (similar to a registry office) for a very simple ceremony at my home involving a small number of witnesses.
One of the privileges for me is that I have the opportunity to meet so many different couples while working with them and being involved in their special day.
Given that you are required to lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage form me a minimum at least one month and no earlier than 18 months prior to the ceremony (other particulars in FAQs) the earlier this meeting is held the more time you have to consider your ceremony options.
As your celebrant I will provide you with:
• Resources and any assistance and advice you may require relating to the ceremony
• Information regarding venue options
• Planning, guidance and advice for your wedding, from conception through to completion
• Additional meetings and phone calls and emails at no extra cost
• Completion of legal paperwork in accordance with legislation
• A rehearsal at the location
• A presentation of a copy of your ceremony including your Marriage Certificate
• Use of a PA system which will allow your guests clarity to participate fully in this special occasion.
The ceremony components consist of:
• Introduction (welcome guests and introduction of myself as your celebrant)
• Giving away (if required)
• Monitum (words required by law)
• Asking (a public declaration of your intent to marry and sets the scene for your vows)
• Vows (the special promises that you will make to each other)
• Ring Introduction (the symbol of rings)
• Ring Vows (while you put the ring on your partner’s finger, if you are having rings)
• Readings (favourite passages or poetry, religious, etc if you require them)
• Signing of the register (another important legal requirement)
• Wedding blessing and introduction as husband and wife.
Please contact me to take up my offer of an obligation free meeting.