Under the Act, a Civil Partnership is a legally recognised relationship where the two parties, (couples of any sex) can register, providing they satisfy eligibility requirements, taken for all purposes under ACT law to be in a Domestic Partnership.
It is a requirement that one of the proposed partners must be resident in the ACT and two original forms of evidence of residency must be provided. Other restrictions are that neither proposed civil partner is married, in a civil union or a civil partnership and that they are not in a prohibited relationship.
As your celebrant I will provide you with:
• Resources and any assistance and advice you may require relating to the ceremony
• Information regarding venue options
• Planning, guidance and advice for your ceremony, from conception through to completion
• Additional meetings and phone calls and emails at no extra cost
• Completion of legal paperwork in accordance with legislation
• A rehearsal at the location
• A presentation of a copy of your ceremony, including a Certificate
• Use of a PA system which will allow your guests clarity to participate fully in this special occasion
Please contact me to take up my offer of an obligation free meeting.